Thursday, February 25, 2010

Theater Project

At the beginning, the Theater Project kind of scared me. I’m not an actor and I’m a shy person, so I knew it would be a challenge for me. Fortunately, I had the chance to act in French, which is the language I had chosen. I’ve been given the play Cyrano, more specifically the scene that stars Cyrano and Christian for there first meeting.

The play Cyrano de Bergerac takes place in the 17th century. My character, Cyrano, is known for his big nose, but he is also a poet. He is an extravagant gentleman. More importantly, he is in love with Roxane, his cousin, but she fell in love with Christian. Christian is a way more attractive than Cyrano, but he is not as poetic as his rival, Cyrano. The two men will then decide to work together to win Roxane’s love. Cyrano will be the spirit, Christian, the beauty.

And that is what my scene is about. The two guys meet for the first time. Cyrano knows that Roxane loves Christian, but he doesn’t tell him. In that excerpt, they create an alliance to seduce the beautiful and sweet Roxane.

I was glad to play Cyrano, because he’s my opposite. I’m more introverted, but he is excessive. It was demanding to change my personality and be Cyrano, but I enjoyed it a lot. I also appreciated to work with Camille, because she worked hard, and she had already acted in a play before. Besides, I loved working with Mario for the staging of the play, because he had a bunch of creative ideas to offer.


However, I was upset not to play in the final representation. I knew I had a great actor as a competitor, Louis-Charles, but I had discovered a passion for the theater during this project. At the opening of the project, I only wanted to have a good mark, but more the evaluation approached, more I wanted Marie-Ève to choose me has Cyrano in this scene. Moreover, it was hard for me not to be part of the final representation, because a lot of the people chosen didn’t want to do it, and I, who wanted to, was not chosen.

But overall, this adventure had been benefic for me. I realized that I loved being on the stage, to sing of course, but also to act. Finally, I must say that I decided to choose Drama option next year, since the Theater Project was awesome for my person.

No comments:

Post a Comment