Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Big Apple's Crossroads of the World

This year, we, secondary four students, had the chance to be part of the trip to New York and Washington. Everyone was feverish before leaving, and so was I. Thence, we were all ecstatic to leave Quebec on May fifth.

We had a long road to New York, but has we arrived to the Big Apple, all those long hours passed in a bus just deserted our minds. Hitherto, I hadn't visited New York City, and so entering the island of Manhattan have been a wonderful experience.

On the first day, we didn't visit New York so much. But on the second one, we had plenty of time to walk and contempt that huge city. Of course, we went to see Times Square, which was my subject for my oral presentation. It has been astonishing to see these entire lighted ads, even if it wasn't dark yet. Everything was colossal and bigger than any city I went to before.

The only thing that annoyed me in Times Square was the amount of people walking in the streets and just hanging in that wonderful place. In the other hand, it amplified the Crossroads of the World's hugeness effect.

To sum up the foregoing, I'd say this year's trip had been a memorable experience, especially New York City and, above all, Times Square. It has always been a dream for me to walk in New York City and see the heart of the American culture. It is now a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment